In 2010, the state of California saw 2,520 fatal motor vehicle collisions resulting in 2,739 fatalities. Non-fatal collisions in 2010 totaled 161,094, with 229,354 injuries. For the victims of these accidents, even one car wreck is too many. If you suffer injury in a motor vehicle accident and it wasn’t your fault, seek quality representation from the Paso Robles auto accident attorneys at James McKiernan Lawyers.
What are Some Common Causes of Auto Accidents?
The best way to avoid a car accident is to understand how accidents commonly happen. A Paso Robles auto accident lawyer from our firm is ready to explain some of the major causes of motor vehicle wrecks. Knowledge is power, and these tips for the road may keep you safer next time you travel ― whether a short commute to work or a longer trip to visit family and friends. Keep an eye out for these unsafe drivers, and be sure to avoid these behaviors yourself:
- Distracted drivers ― Distracted driving behaviors includes texting, talking on a mobile phone, rubbernecking and adjusting technologies such as radio, GPS, etc.
- Driver fatigue ― Drowsy driving leads to drifting vehicles, varying road speeds and bad decision-making.
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence ― Drunk drivers kill about 16,000 people per year.
- Speeding ― Speeding increases the risk of crashing, and reduces the time necessary to avoid a crash.
- Aggressive driving ― Aggressive drivers tend to tailgate, flash their lights, fail to yield, disregard traffic signals or display rude or aggressive behavior. Do not engage aggressive drivers, and call 911 if a driver is behaving in an overtly dangerous way.
- Weather ― Inclement weather such as snow, ice or other hazardous conditions can make driving dangerous. Use your lights and wipers and adjust your speed accordingly.
Paso Robles Auto Accident Attorneys Protecting Your Rights
After you are involved in a car wreck ― and you receive medical attention for your injuries ― take the next steps and contact an accident injury attorney to find out if you are due compensation. The dedicated staff at James McKiernan Lawyers work hard to find out the parties at fault for your accident.
Contact Our Paso Robles Auto Accident Attorneys for Help Today
If you suffered injury in a California automobile accident, call James McKiernan Lawyers at 800-200-HURT or contact us online for a free consultation with our Paso Robles auto accident attorneys to discuss your best options to receive compensation for your injuries.